* 3 eggs slightly beaten
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup dark corn syrup
* 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
* 1 cup pecans
* 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Roll out pie crust and line 9" pie pan. Sprinkle semi sweet chocolate chips just to cover the bottom.
3. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
4. Bake on center rack of oven for 10 minutes. Then turn heat down to 350º and bake for 35 more minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
Makes one pecan pie. (I doubled the recipe and made two.)