Part of Ben's welcome home feast. (made the night before)
* 1 cup whole milk ricotta, drained to remove excess moisture
* 1/2 lb spinach leaves, excess moisture removed
* 2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
* 9 tbsp butter
* 3 egg yolk beaten
* 7 tbsps all-purpose flour (more as needed for rolling)
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* dash of ground pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1/2 cup of grated parmesan (to top)
Cook spinach leaves in 3 tbsps on melted butter on med-hi heat, stirring until all moisture is gone. Puree the cooked spinach.
Combine ricotta, spinach, eggs, parmesan, salt, pepper, 7 tbsps on flour, and nutmeg in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Chill for at least 1/2 hour.
Scoop tbspns of the mixture and roll in flour, shaping into balls. Drop into a large pot of boiling salted water. Gnocchi will rise to the surface when done. Lift out on a slotted spoon and drain.
Brush a baking dish with melted butter, place gnocchi in one layer and brush with melted butter. Top with grated parmesan. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes. Serve.