A winter favorite of mine. Any thicker and it would be pudding. mmmmmm
* 1/2 cup cocoa powder
* 1 cup sugar
* 7 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 quart milk
1. 1 Shift the cocoa and sugar together into a medium-sized saucepan.
2. 2 Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, and stir into the cocoa and sugar until it is a smooth paste. Begin heating the mixture, stirring it with a whisk, and gradually pour in the milk.
3. 3 Continue stirring with the whisk as you bring the liquid to a simmer.
4. 4 Allow the chocolate to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until it is thick, glossy and completely smooth.
5. 5 Serve steaming hot in coffee mug or bowl.